- I have a part-time job at a local coffee shop! The hours are great and I am gaining some needed and long-desired experience with a manual espresso machine (should I have an opportunity to work at an espresso bar in Italy, this experience will likely be indispensable!). The funniest part is the cafe is right next door to the Italian Cultural Center! A coincidence? I think not!
- Another answer to prayer is the opportunities I have had over the last month to share about my time and ministry in Sicily with various home/men’s/women’s/youth… groups. This is also a prayer request that I will continue to have many more opportunities like these throughout my time here in California. I will be sharing at a luncheon in the fellowship hall at Hessel Church Sunday, March 23rd, after the 2nd service is over, around 12:30pm. If you are interested in hearing some of my stories and seeing pictures from my time in Sicily, please feel free to join us on the 23rd.
- I have about 20% of my support raised! A BIG thanks to all who have committed to financially partner with me. I am praising the Lord for His gracious provision given through these partners.
- Each of the visits I have had with friends and family over the last month have been a huge source of blessing and encouragement!
- The visa process is going pretty slow as of late. Please pray there will be some progress made in the coming weeks so I will have all I need to apply for a long-term visa by April.
- I still need to raise about 80% of my financial support. I need to be at about $4,000 a month before I can return to Sicily. As you pray for this need, please also prayerfully consider becoming a monthly financial partner or donating a one-time gift either through Hessel Church or Christian Associates (https://secure-q.net/Donations/ChrisAssoInter/3533). See below for more information on how to donate.
Please write me back if you have any updates, questions, prayer requests or a more current e-mail address– or just to say hi! There are still a number of you who live in the Sonoma County area whom I haven’t yet seen. If I don’t beat you to it, please e-mail or Facebook me so we can find a time to catch up!!!
If you feel led to give financial support, contributions can be made online via Christian Associates (CA). From CA’s homepage (http://christianassociates.org/), click the “Donate Now” button in the upper right-hand corner. On the next page, select ”Missionaries” from the drop-down menu, then “Cummings, Hillary – 40383” from the drop-down menu that will appear immediately below.
Financial support can also be given through Hessel Church either online through PayPal (http://www.horizon.hessel.org/give/) or by check just be sure to include a separate note with my name on it when mailing checks to the church (5060 Hessel Ave, Sebastopol, CA 95472).
Overwhelmed by God’s Amazing Grace,